11/2/2022 - Today we released v42.0 and v42.1. These releases offer enhancements in three areas:
- Localization features for Canadian French and U.S. Spanish
- User interface enhancements for Solar users
- User interface enhancements for Control of features
Localization for Canadian French and U.S. Spanish
If the setting on your iOS* or Android** device is set to Canadian French or US Spanish, the application will automatically switch to that language once version 42.0 is installed. The communication language in emails is also updated.
These updates are specific to French (CA) and Spanish (US). Sense does not yet support other languages. If your device is set to another language, even another French or Spanish, the system will fall back to the closest of these two languages. For example, Spanish (ES) will fall back to Spanish (US) until that language is supported.
*Region selection in iOS is a separate option under the Language & Region section
Settings > General > Language & Region > EE.UU | Francais (Canada)
**Region selection on Android must be selected when the user is adding a new language. So, you must select both language and region in order for Android to provide the proper locale setting.
User interface updates for solar users
We’ve added three new features for solar users.
1. You can now easily see your home’s power flow via a toggle on the Now screen.
2. We’ve also added the ability to trigger a self-consumption notification based on a % of your choosing.
3. Finally, the solar screen itself has been tweaked to highlight key metrics of your production.
User interface updates for control
You’ve long been able to ‘lock’ control of your smart devices, preventing you from accidentally turning off (or on) a smart plug. We’ve augmented this feature to still show the control button on your Devices screen, with a small lock indicating that control is disabled. This allows you to easily see the state of the device and that it’s a smart device.