You can enter your time of use rates into Sense to allow for more accurate billing information and to alert you when you’re entering a new rate zone.
In order to set-up your rate zones in the Sense app, you will need to have a copy of your utility or time of use rate schedule. For more information on finding your time of use schedule and rates, check here.
To set-up a new rate zone:
- Navigate to Settings > My Home and tap "Electricity Info."
- Tap the "Add new rate zone" icon.
Create a unique name for your rate zone
- example: Off-Peak - Summer
Set the Cost per kWh for the rate zone
- If you’re not sure where to find this information, check here for an example.
Set the Start Date and End Date for your rate zone
- Many rate zones are based on seasonality, which can be set with specific time/date thresholds
Select the days of the week that this rate zone is active
- Example: Weekday rates would be set on M, Tu, W, Th, F
Select the Start time and End time for your rate zone (if applicable)
- Note: Rate zone start and end times are based on a 24 hour day. Rate zones that carry into the following day or occur multiple times in a day must be entered as two separate rate zones. This process is easy with the Duplicate Rate Zone button at the bottom of the New TOU Rate screen.
- Example: Weekdays from 8PM - 8AM would be set as two separate rate zones (1) 8PM - 12AM (2) 12AM - 8PM
- Save rate zone in the top right corner of the rate card
For an example of setting up Time of Use billing plan within Sense, click here.