Cost is a powerful way to understand your energy habits in the Sense app.
Sense will default your electricity cost your national or state average. For more accurate cost reporting, you should update your default electricity cost to your specific utility cost.
To add cost (dollar amounts):
1. Navigate to Settings > My Home and tap "Electricity Cost." Tap the "Show cost" slider.
2. Enter your electricity rate. Not sure what your rate is? We show the national average below for reference, and if you select your home state in My Home > State, your state average as well.
With electricity cost enabled, you can:
1. See how much money you’re spending in real time on the Now and Power Meter screens
2. Get an idea of a device’s monthly cost in the Trends section
3. See how much money you’re spending over different time periods by visiting the Trends screen and tapping on the Usage card. While there, tap a device and see how much it's consuming, not only as a percentage, but also in kWh and $.
If you have a Time of Use billing plan, learn how to set-up your rates in Sense here.
It is important to note that this section of Sense app is not currently localized for regions outside of the US & Canada. You may not be able to set the Sense to reflect local currencies, billing rates, or terms.